This Code of Conduct has been compiled to establish acceptable ethical and legally compliant standards of conduct for all members and Tutors of U3A Redlands District Inc when involved in U3A activities. The intention of the Code of Conduct is to provide guidelines to allow efficient, lawful and harmonious interaction between the Executive Committee, Tutors, Members and any other organisation you have dealings with on behalf of U3A Redlands District Inc.
All members and Tutors of U3A Redlands Inc are requested, under the Code of Conduct, to behave at all times, in a way which upholds the following standards:
- Behave with honesty and integrity
- Act with care and diligence when dealing with members and other members of the public
- Treat everyone with respect and courtesy, and without harassment
- Comply with all Australian Laws
- Comply with any lawful and reasonable direction given by anyone who has authority to give direction
- Use U3A Redlands District Inc resources in a proper manner
- Not engage in inappropriate touching, make suggestive remarks or actions of a sexual nature
- Not discriminate against any person
- Behave in a way that upholds the values and good reputation of U3A Redlands District Inc.
Harassment – the inappropriate physical or verbal interaction with another person, e.g. the placing of your hand on another person without their permission.
Duty of Care – Everyone has a duty and must take responsibility to avoid placing themselves or others at risk of injury.
This Code of Conduct is designed to meet the legal requirements of both State and Federal Governments with regard to the meaning of “Duty of Care”.
To understand if I am conducting myself in a correct manner, I should ask myself:
- Is it legal
- Will I be proud of what I have done?
- Are my actions consistent with U3A Redlands District Inc Constitution and By Laws?
- Do I think it is the right thing to do?
- Would I accept the same from others?